Distributor: Fueling Sales
A multifaceted incentive program helps to strengthen relationships and increase sales through group incentive travel
The Client and Their Past State
The Client’s Current State and Key Results
YoY sales for participants jumped from 160 million gallons to 453 million gallons
YoY program participation increased 72%
Above and Beyond
How They Got Here
The program was set up as a competition, where the top salespeople would vie for the grand prize: an all-inclusive group trip for top qualifiers and their guests to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Non-trip earners would be kept engaged throughout the program by the chance to win quarterly merchandise, and an online leaderboard was created to keep competition high.
The client wanted to target its fuel dealers but recognized that the size of dealers that they worked with varied. Because of this, HMI divided the dealers into two groups: large dealers and small dealers. This way, even the smaller dealers could qualify for the grand prize group trip.
Strategy & Implementation
- Quarterly sweepstakes offered smaller rewards throughout the promotional period
- Top earners of both groups were awarded an all-inclusive group trip experience to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Designed as a competition, the dealers went head-to-head to prove who would sell the most fuel
- An online leaderboard was set up for each group, making the competition fair for those smaller dealers
- Trip earners rated the trip 4.5 out of 5 stars
- 100% of respondents said their attendance positively influenced their relationship with the Client.