Manufacturer: Let the Games Begin
Gamification helps to accelerate sales and engagement
The Client and Their Past State
A major automotive manufacturer.
To effectively increase the sales of a specific product while engaging with an audience.
Engagement prior to running the program was low. The program would need to generate a lot of excitement and inspire participation.
The Client’s Current State and Key Results
How They Got Here
A Spin to Win sweepstakes utilizes a gamification system in which participants receive “spin codes.” After receiving the codes, participants could enter them into the module and watch the wheel spin to land on Silver, Gold, or Platinum prizes. The “Everyone Wins” tactic guaranteed at least a silver prize for every spin code and had no maximum number of spins that a participant could earn per spin session.
Participants were rewarded for the sale of a certain product, wiper blades, as follows:
- 6 individual wiper blades = 1 Spin to Win play code
- 12 individual wiper blades = 2 Spin to Win play codes
- 18 individual wiper blades = 3 Spin to Win play codes
The lack of spin code cap allowed participants to earn around 40 spin codes in some cases.
Strategy & Implementation
- Platinum Prize: a choice of six luxury-scale rewards: hotel bookings, Samsung Galaxy tablet, Weber grill, and others
- Gold Prize: a choice of six mid-tier prizes: Bose Speaker, JBL Bluetooth Headphones, Fitbit, and others
- Silver prize: a $25 Amazon gift card