Pivoting When Group Travel Trips Get Cancelled
Three alternative solutions when having to pivot away from incentive travel while still maintaining fun and excitement for your programs.
The Client and Their Past State
Employees, Salespeople, and Customers
The Client’s Current State and Key Results
A Flexible Pivot
How They Got Here
The Global Supplier
HMI recommended our Surprise & Delight gift experience combined with themed rewards packages. The S&D gifts were designed as a “thank-you” that offered participants a small taste of the experiences they were unfortunately missing out on.“Taste of Italy” and “Taste of Mexico” gift baskets brought a number of high-end, country-themed items direct to their doorstep.
In addition, a branded fulfilment site was created that offered a series of reward packages. Some themes for these packages included:
- Grillin’ bundle, featuring a Weber grill and Ultimate Accessory Pack and a mouthwatering Omaha Steak sampler
- Get Things Done bundle, featuring a DeWalt® 6-Tool Combo Kit, Multi-Level Workshop, MAX Sliding Miter Saw Kit, and more
- Callaway® Golf bundle, featuring 4 top-shelf clubs, a range finder, golf bag, and more
- Around the House bundle, featuring an Amazon Echo bundle, electric fireplace, Dyson vacuum, Instant Pot, Ring Video Doorbell, and more
- Apple® bundle, featuring AirPods, an Apple Watch, Apple TV, iPad, and more
The Cybersecurity Firm
A uniquely branded online marketplace was created to appeal to their global employees and help celebrate a decade with the company as well as recognizing the employees’ hard work for helping achieve a record setting year.
- The marketplace featured aspirational rewards that included luxury items, hotel bookings, individual travel, experiences, and event ticketing, as well as unique white-glove concierge services.
- The marketplace was also designed with custom branding and offered a robust communications campaign explaining the change in plans and reiterating the firm’s appreciation for their employees.
The National Automotive Parts Distributor
The participants’ group trip was repositioned as an individual travel reward for two that could be redeemed by participants at any time within the next two years.
- HMI was able to work with vendors in both the hotel and airline spaces to provide this tremendous level of flexibility and accommodation.
- Participants were thus able to individually use their travel reward at a time that was comfortable and convenient for them and their spouses.