Manufacturer: Electrifying Results
A short term promotion that delivers powerful results
The Client and Their Past State
Salespeople and MFG reps.
- To learn about and drive stock business and increase inventory turns at the distributor level.
- To solicit the target audience’s affinity and contact information to formulate a database.
- Infrequent contact between the client and its audience.
- Creating a program that would span multiple layers of distribution on a fixed budget and maintain engagement.
The Client’s Current State and Key Results
2,415 counter sales people enrolled, submitting information about themselves and compiling a database.
Good Work Rewarded
This program was awarded the Dealer Distributor Award by the IMA Excellence Awards in 2017
“This is the first vendor promotion that was fueled by sales that I have not only participated in, but felt was worth my time trying to sell to the customer and upload onto the site. This was a great experience, and I would love to participate again.”
“Hope that another program like this starts again because I stopped pushing competitors’ products because of this program.”
How They Got Here
HMI developed a short-term promotion utilizing manufacturer (MFG) reps to communicate through the distribution channel.
The promotion used a gamification sweepstakes which awarded participants for their sales. Participants earned a chance to win an instant prize every two weeks and a second chance drawing opportunity for a monthly grand prize sweepstakes.
The program made it easy for the MFG reps to communicate by providing an electronic promotional kit to help them quickly connect with distributors and get their counter salespeople enrolled. Reps were also rewarded the same prizes as the distributor sales people they enrolled.
- HMI’s OnDemand Platform
- HMI’s Spin-to-Win and Sweepstakes
- Additional chances to earn extra spin codes and entries
- 90% found campaign communications to be timely
- 87% found their participation in the promotion rewarding
- 84% found playing the Spin-to-Win game easy
- 82% found the claims website navigation easy
- 74% thought about the client more often during the promotion
- 8 out of 10 were satisfied with reward offerings